Thursday, March 10, 2011

Walking in Ravine Gardens

My husband and I spent a pleasant few hours wandering around Ravine Gardens State Park in Palatka, Florida. The Azalea Fest was last week but there were plenty of flowers out and we took lots of pictures. I like my floating bee best because it was so big and shiny. There were lots and lots of bumble bees out visiting the flowers along with us. We saw a bitty alligator and a tree frog and the resident barred owl, too, although my picture of the owl is too blurred to share.
Shiny black bumble bee
Azaleas were plentiful.
Iris in the ponds at the bottom of the ravine.
Smallish alligator.
Bottom of the ravine, looking toward one of the footbridges.
Bottom of the ravine, near the springs.
Treefrog clinging to a palm.
More azaleas.
Nice couple we met later on the trail. They'd spotted a couple of woodpeckers.